Participating in Our Community
Participating in our Cancer Support Community is easy, and our activities are always free of charge! To get started:
- Please sign up for your own CSC Guest Portal and update your participant information profile.
- Please complete the Yearly Visit Form to get signed up for our email database to receive email newsletters about our upcoming programs.
- After completing the Yearly Visit Form, you will receive a survey called Cancer Support Source (CSS) emailed to you if you are a person living with cancer or a caregiver. This survey contains questions about common concerns for those affected by cancer. Upon completion of the short survey, individualized resources will be provided to you to address any concerns that you may have. The results of the survey will also help our clinical staff guide you to programs that can address your concerns.
- Lastly, we encourage you to join us for a Connect to Community Orientation that gives a brief history of our affiliate and provides an in-depth look at what we have to offer. Those interested in participating in a weekly support group may schedule their interviews at Connect to Community or by appointment.
If these Connect to Community times and locations do not work for you, please give us a call at (513) 791-4060 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment that works best for your schedule. Please also call or email if you are in need of resources or assistance with updating your information and registering for our programs.
Additional CSC Headquarters Support and Resources Available
- Live Chat is open Monday-Friday 9a-8p ET and Saturday 9a-5p ET.
- Phone line is open Monday–Thursday: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET, Friday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
Join MyLifeLine Easily connect with your friends and family to organize your own personal community – privately and securely. And connect to others like you for support and sharing on our discussion boards.
Participate in the Cancer Experience Registry – an online research survey that helps enhance cancer care, improve health care policies, and ensure support services better reflect the needs of people affected by cancer.
Schedule an Open to Options Session (available through CSC Greater Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky) Open to Options® is Cancer Support Community’s (CSC) decision support counseling program that allows patients to sift through emotions, concerns & questions before appointments with physicians & care teams so that patients are less overwhelmed & can make the most of their appointment time. We focus on helping patients prepare specific questions to discuss with their physician. In less than an hour, we can help a patient write down their questions related to situation, treatment or test options, support network, goals & priorities, & overall questions.
Download Frankly Speaking About Cancer® materials – Frankly Speaking is the Cancer Support Community’s landmark cancer education series that provides trusted information on a variety of topics important to people affected by cancer.